Brice Prairie??

• trapsht
    Rockford, Il

An local old timer told me about a place called Brice Prairie in Lax the other day. I’m new to the area…does anyone know where this is and is it worth fishing?? This is an area where he used to fish “years ago”. Sometimes you don’t know who to believe..Thanks guys

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Well there are several places to fish on Brice Prairie. Lake Onalaska, Black Deer, Lytle’s Landing, these are all areas to fish on the Prairie. Black Deer is loaded with small gills right now. The lake has endless areas to ice panfish. Lytle’s I don’t fish much so I can’t help you there.

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

I guess I didn’t get that good of a tip. I recall something about upper brice and the “gut”??does that narrow it down?? I’ve tried to find these places on a map(Gut..black deer etc.) and I’ve been unsuccessful. A few more months I can get out in my boat and do some exploring on my own.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I think the “gut” is what they used to call the area that leads out onto the main lake from the Brices Prairie public landing. It used to be fished heavily before all the houses were built along there. Now there is no access there unless you walk from the landing. Also with the dredging of the lake there doesn’t seem to be much ice fishing done in that area. If you’re looking for info on where to fish there, stop in at Schaefer’s bait shop. They will give you an idea where to fish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.