Lake of the Woods help

• STXNSTONES
    Central Iowa

Got a few of us going to Baudette tonight. We’re taking four wheelers and are going to make a bit of an adventure of it. I called the snowmobile club up there and they told me they have a trail all the way to Oak Island, but the 4 wheelers can only use it for a reference point. We have the navionics chip in one gps and another with most of the points we are hoping to hit.

Anybody have any hints or tips on the best way to make that trek out onto that huge body of water. We have been fishing Lake of the Woods for the past 7-8 years, but this is the first time to venture out on our own and to tell you the truth it’s a bit intimidating.

Thanks a bunch
    Kyle Skinner

jetro
    Mayer, MN

You can drive parallel to the trail all the way up. It is literally marked every 100′. Keep tabs on the weather and watch for heaves & cracks. Be carefull around the narrows of flag island. Lots of current and thin ice. We almost found out the hard way. Otw you should be fine. Very fun and not many people up there.

BIGNEL07
    Albertville

I have always wanted to do that early ice but have also been intimidated by the big lake.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.