Free Ice Fishing Jigs offer

• UncleGrump
    Dodge County MN

I’ve found a free jigs offer by the sponsor of a competitor to IDA. Before you get alarmed, be advised that I sought the permission of a IDA moderator/sponsor prior to posting this and it (this post) was approved.

The competitor site is called Ice Shanty – (http://www.iceshanty.com). It is dedicated entirely to ice fishing.

One of IS’s sponsors is offering some free samples to IS members. Mine arrived yesterday. Pkg of 3. The jigs are “Russian” jigs – called Mormyshka – derived from the Russian word ‘mormish’ = shrimp – which is what these jigs are supposed to imitate. Marmooska (as in the jigs) is the Finish translation of the Russian word.

These jigs are different – in that they don’t use hook eyes – there is a hole in the body of the jig you use and a snell knot to tie them (instructions are enclosed). According to the labeling, when properly tied – the hook rides higher than the jig body. Also – designed for very light line – ie 1# test and possibly the use of a spring bobber. The samples I got were un-painted – they use “colored” metal – ie brass/gold/silver, etc. 3 different shapes.

They also send a small catalog showing the various jigs/colors,size, etc. The catalog also shows some “traditional” Marmooska type jigs (hook eye style) jigs/colors, etc.

Here’s what you got to do:

1) become a registered IS user. You must be logged on to IS in order to chase the links in the next step.
    2) In the ‘general ice fishing chit chat’ section (click ‘forums’ on the IS home page), there is a sticky post labeled ‘new members only special’. Select it. Look at the 1st post – there is a single word = ‘link’. Click it. It takes you to another IS page ‘labeled members only specials’. Select the 1st, which is labeled ‘IS Members Specials from NISID’. In the text, there is a link to NISID.com. Click it.
    3) When you get the NISID.com page, Click ‘sign in’ on the upper right corner.
    4) You will get a screen w/ three boxes – take the top box – new user. Fill in your details, etc, and use the same user name that you used on IS. You have to give them your snail mail address and email address – but I did not give them my phone #. Click ‘save’ and you’re done.

I registered w/ NISID last Thur, jigs were in the mail last night. NISID cross compares their user name list w/ IS’s, and on a match – they send out the jigs.

I’ve not had the chance to try them out yet. Will post when I do.

Enjoy…

UG

IceJohn

I have used them jig they work ok .Tieing the knot is strang,but it does make the jig hang like they said. I will order more of them .ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

They are an intesting looking jig. They are made of tungsten.
    Here are some pics of different varieties offered.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Here is the link to find more info on these jigs. link

You will see on their web page a demonstration on how to tie these jigs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.