red lake report

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

well I made it up to red lake last wednesday and thursday and didn’t do to bad at all a grand total of 4 crappies (14″+) a 15″ and 16.5″ walleye to take home and about a dozen perch with the smallest at 9.5″ not too bad in my eyes for the cold weather and not being able to move around much either way it was a blast and fun fishing however I will say that a pike kept comeing in however I could not get it to bit at all it all started wednesday night after I got set up with the first crappie 5 min after droping a line then for the next 2 hours it was a fish ever half hour 3 crappies then a walleye hit and the crappie bite was done for the night and even the walleyes slowed down after that too. then in the morning I watched a lot of walleyes and perch on the cam but they were all locked jaw, I couldn’t even get them to look at my bait finnally it slowed down and then a pike came into view and same thing with no intrest to my baits oh well I ended the night with another crappie and a couple more walleyes before I got too cold and headed home. maybe next time I will have to look into a rental instead of just my portable

rangerski
    North Metro

I was up Fri till sun and ended up with 8 slabs and 30 plus eyes, cold but tons of fun. Cant wait to return.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I will be on Red Thursday night-Sunday night. I always dread the first trip of the year because of all the work it takes to hunt down a new school of fish. But, once you get on them it is sure worth it.

Congrats on the nice slabs guys

camren
    Minnesoat, Hopkins

Hey
    Need some help with Red Lake. I have never been there. (Let me know if this should be posted some place different)
    I am going up for a long weekend the 2nd weekend in March. 3-4 of us
    2 snowmobiles
    2 portables
    and 3 days
    Plan: Rent a 4 man house, stay on the ice all three days (maybe come in for a beer and meet some locals) and move around with the portables. Find fish, have a great time.

?’s
    Who to rent from?
    Any sugestions to my plan?
    Area to start on the lake?
    Thanks
    Cb

col._klink
    St Paul

Check out Russ and Judy’s under the URL forum. They rent sleepers that are very nice and warm! During the week they are $135 per night! Not per person. The house I stayed in was a 4 bunker with 8 holes and a 2 burner cook stove.

Pretty darn nice if you ask me. Plus Russ likes to have a couple of beers with the guys

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.