jiffy 30 auger blade life???

• ltwillia0506
    La Crosse WI

I Was wondering how long the auger blades should last I have a 10 inch 3hp but it seems I am replacing the blades too often. I have it it for 3-4 years and replaced the blades 4-5 times is this a lot or shouldi be getting longer life on this blades? Any input would be great thanks

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

My blades get dull on my mora hand auger every year. so I believe it if you are changing them once a year…But it depends on how much you are drilling…

ltwillia0506
    La Crosse WI

thanks cade for the input cade

charlie_heiman
    Randolph, MN

Friend of mine has purchased a jiffy 30 10″ the other year. He has yet to replace the blades on it. He doesn’t drill a ton of holes, but it still gets it fair share of use.

Are the blades rusting at all or just becoming dull?

Since this is a power auger, i would suggest try sharpening them. Jiffy has a sharpener that works excellent and puts the correct angle on it. Here is a pic
    May be worth a shot, worked great on my jiffy.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I have been running a Jiffy 2hp Legend around 5yrs now. Same spark plug/same blade!!

I do take the blade off each fall and hit it with the stone! It is important to maintain the same angle. My Jiffy has cut a ton of holes!!!! I could’nt even guess how many…..

ltwillia0506
    La Crosse WI

should i use a file to get the burrs off the bottom or should i get it off the top and bottom.I had a extra blade and put it on and man does it cut so much faster,but I don’t want to keep buying blades.

Bob Carlson

I would only use a soft stone. If not a stone use a fine toothed file and go lightly!!!

ltwillia0506
    La Crosse WI

is the jiffy sharpener worth the money or should i just use a file or soft stone?

Bob Carlson

I would experiment with what you have!

If you look at the devise it has a stone on each side the way it looks? How much are they?

Maybe Derek “Jiffy Boy” Johnston could add his opinion on the devise and costs?

ltwillia0506
    La Crosse WI

I think they are around 35 dollars the same price as new blades. I checked their website but it only had the price and nothing else about it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.