Does it pay to go out this weekend?

• TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Do you think with the cold low preasure front the fish will shut down or bit good? I am thinking about going but it sure would suck to fight the cold not catch anything. What are you guys doing, staying home and warm or heading to the lake? I plan on going to the pond on Sat. I just want to make sure I’m not the only guy out there!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am actually heading to the lake to stay warm !!! I am gonna try a local lake for pan fish. Find out what that Buddy Heater can really do in my shack !!! Good luck all !!!

big g

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I doubt the cold temperatures will have much effect on the fish… not much change in the actual water temperatures? What I like about this weekend is the low barometric pressures coupled with a full-moon cycle. My guess is that the fishing should be at a very high level, probably best from mid- to late afternoon.

I plan on giving it a try this weekend – cold really isn’t a problem if your dress correctly and pay it proper respect.

Jayge

Thats almost what “Ice”-fishing’s all about!
    I will be out chasing them

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

you got a much better chance of icing some fish being out there rather than not! can’t catchem’ on the couch!

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

We’re going to give it a try here in La Crosse tomorrow . Scoot out, drill some holes, step into the schack, fire up the heater and fish.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Don’t worry Mike, I have a 50 ft rope in my shack just in case

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

With these temps we won’t need it. I bet we will be on 4 plus inches of ice in the morning buddy Wats

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

This weekend i predict will hold a tough bite. They will be around though where I am going. just instead of catching 65 fish in 2 hours each, we will probably only catch 55 The spot I am hitting has been really consistant, although a lot of small ones, you can work out a few 11″ crappies and some bonus perch, not to mention the few 9″ gills I have caught here. We took one 13-1/4″ crappie and saw one on camera that had to have been about the same. I’m pretty optimistic about what is in store for tomorrow. I also agree with king185, the moon cycle and low BP is going to help.

for a little added confidence, I fished a spot tonight and found fish to be coming up pretty agressively on the flasher and even caught a few while I was at it. This spot is not the one we are fishing tomorrow though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.