Crazy drivers!

• LCfisher

Went drivin by the point today and seen that some people dont have brainsin this town when they are DRIVING TRUCKS out on Lake Pepin …i cant believe i saw this today …i hope no one goes through, but common guys use your brain…

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Lake pepin? Water moving, part of the ole miss lake pepin?

Not smart.

iceman62
    Baldwin, WI

Have the camera ready! It will happen.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

We witnessed two kayakers pull their yaks across the ice across from Riverside Park in La Crosse today to an open water spot. After paddling around for a while one got his yak back up on the ice and then stepped to within 2′ of the open water to pull the other one up. We thought sure we’d be dialing 911 after they went in. I think their guardian angels were watching them today.

jldii

Quote:

Went drivin by the point today and seen that some people dont have brainsin this town when they are DRIVING TRUCKS out on Lake Pepin …i cant believe i saw this today …i hope no one goes through, but common guys use your brain…

They don’t teach stupidity in schools!

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

WOW…even though it has been cold lately, the ice “went out” of Lake Pepin just 3-4 weeks ago. Somebody is really fooling around dangerously.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

That does sound crazy, but have you checked the ice there? I really would not be suprised if it was over 12″ thick..There are several areas down here on pool 8 with at least that much.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

If Lake Peppin has been getting the winds we have had here Cade, don’t think I would be driving my truck on it. That is alot of open-ness!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

That does sound crazy, but have you checked the ice there? I really would not be suprised if it was over 12″ thick..There are several areas down here on pool 8 with at least that much.

I would bet anything there is not 12 ” of ice on the channel. I was out down that way ice fishing last night and the best ice I found was no more than 9 inches. Some areas were as thin as 5 inches.
    Some people just have more balls than brains!!!!!

thegun
    mn

Was out on pepin tonight! NOT WITH A TRUCK! there was 8″-10″ of ice out from frontinac point!

Wouldnt catch me on that lake with a truck!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Alright,now we are talking. That is just plain idiotic. I didn’t know how thick the ice was, but anything under 1 foot is questionable if you ask me. We were on 13-15″ and a guy drove his astro van out on wednesday and it felt like we were going under with all the cracking and popping! However I have been in a vehicle on ice at 11-12″ before with no problems and plenty other people doing it too.
    8″ is just plain suicidal

eye_hunter

i know that driving on 12″ of ice seems safe, but what about times when a whole bunch of people go fishing and all drive out to a point. they all fish in the same area and doesn’t that add up. i think that driving on ice is crazy, but at the same time i think the ice is stronger than what it appears to be too.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Smittys was out testing boats on Lake Pepin a couple weeks ago on Friday right before it froze over. Not very smart.
    Thanks, Bill

pafollmer
    Brooklyn Center MN

You cant fix stupid

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

When I read things like this I sure am glad the Good Lord installed more than the ussual amount of cowardish in me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.