Wissota?

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Any updates as to ice conditions on Wissota? May be headed to Chippewa Falls this weekend and would like to know if I can drive my truck out on the ice (am not walking far with these temps!).

jhalfen

Beats me, I haven’t hit the Wissota ice all year and the future’s not looking too good!

Sully will probably see this and chime in. All he needs to do is peek out his window to give you an answer about vehicle traffic on the lake.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Hope so…I’m think’in about going up there next week!!

bigpike

They are driving on the little lake (from what I hear), I would never drive on the big lake unless we had an artic winter, I was on the Chippewa River below Wissota the last two days and there was anywere for 7″-11″ of ice depending on the amount of current, the main channel was 7-8″, with the backwaters pushing a foot. Good Luck and be safe and stay warm. Brrrrrr.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Quote:

Sully will probably see this and chime in. All he needs to do is peek out his window to give you an answer about vehicle traffic on the lake.

As much as I love living near the Croix, sure wouldn’t mind having a place on Wissota! Sully: I’m jealous! What a great body of water…

Shot him a PM at the same time I posted… exchanged a few tidbits of info and I now have a gameplan! Step 1: make sure the propane tank is full; Step 2: make sure the handwarmers and footwarmers are packed; Step 3: make sure the propane tank is full; Step 4: make sure the bottle of Jager is full

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

bottle of Jager is full …

Jager tends to do all those things. Don’t forget the engery drinks to go w/ it.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Quote:

Jager tends to do all those things. Don’t forget the energy drinks to go w/ it.

Hmmm… Jager and Red Bull? that could be an interesting combo… I usually combine Jager with a barley-pop chaser (gotta go with Leinies when in Chippewa!).

bigpike

Stop at the Lienie’s Lodge and get a couple free bumps . Fresh brewed on site! Friends who have fished the lake for years and in those years hammered nice gils first ice, told me this year things were different, couldnt hardly catch a gil first ice. I havent fished Wissota on the hard stuff this year, but yes it is a lake worth putting in some time.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

good advice!!! Might just do that and pick up a new ballcap – my ol’ red Leinie’s cap has faded to a shade of pink!

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I think Brian K. Loves PINK!! Good luck on Wissota. Hey you might need a Leinie sweatshirt also.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Pink is OK… just depends on what is pink .

Didn’t get out on Wissota… got there too late yesterday to get any time in. Drilled a few holes by some cribs I was interested in, dropped the AquaVu but didn’t see a thing. Too damned cold this morning – just packed up and headed back to Hudson. Got a new batch of Chili bubbling on the stove – just waiting for the game!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.