East Rush Lake

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

We found a nice mixed bag of fish last night and this morning. We set up my buddies wheel house last night at 5pm and fished until noon today. The Vexilar was lit up with fish almost the whole time. We were fishing pretty close to the GTG location in 19 fow. I would estimate we caught 50 crappies, 30 perch, 10 bluegills, 1 northern, and 1 walleye. The crappies and perch went in waves. It seemed like every other fish was a different species. We released all of our fish, but we did have a half dozen crappies at 11 inches and a few jumbo perch too. We caught the occasional fish on bobber rigs, but we had to work hard for most of them. Many of the fish would rise 2 feet off bottom to just sniff and go back down. It is hard for a guy to deal with so much rejection, but somehow I made it through. I never did check the ice, but it held my buddies 3/4 ton and wheel house all night.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Thanks for the report Dan!

I was out there last saturday roughly where you were at and we had about 18″ of ice.. I am sure it didnt get any thinner over the last week.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for the update. I thought about hitting it again myself, but too cold this weekend.

eye_hunter

hey man, that some nice fishing. sounds like you had lots of fun. i was wondering is that on the southern end of the lake by that one point, …. well dont know the name of that point but yeah, i was fishing there too and we had lots fun. not much big crappies though, maybe it was just the bait size or we were just not lucky.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks for the report BigFife! Is it getting as busy as West Rush out there yet?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

East is pretty busy, but not nearly as busy as West. I can always go out and catch fish on West, but the whole circus thing is starting to turn me off. My buddy had his broken into on West last week. The permanents will be off in a few weeks, so it should be quieter out there.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Great report Fife. Got to see you are still after them.

John

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.