After School Action- Pool 8

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Justin P. and I met up on the ice around 2:30 today to see if we could get on some more crappies. After drilling a hole and getting the shanty set up, a quick word with Russ Wilson, WDNR ( No, I don’t have a fishin’ license, I’m only 15! ) we were ready to get on fish. The fish proved to be agressive right away, with a few quick takers on a white sweedish pimple with a waxie. This bait proved to be a producer throughout the evening, but not with as much consistancy as a chartreuse lindy plastic bait on a little attom optic jig. I used the bait to put several keeper crappies in the bucket, as well as 2 nice gills (the sweedish pimple taking 1 of the gills). All in all, It was a good way to spend a few hours after school on the ice. The ice in the area we have been fishing has been very nice. With about 13-15″, I cannot complain. One guy actually took his astro van out on the ice with no hesitation. Just be careful if you are going to drive out. The ice was great where we were fishing, but the place where the dude parked his van, was open water just 3 short weeks ago

Good luck on the ice,
    Cade

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Cade, you do a heck of a fishing report for just being 15 years old……You write well, you catch fish, provide great pictures!!! your the total package!!

nice job !!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I’ve said it before. There are some guys that will loose a bunch of $$$$ when he starts fishing tournaments. Keep it up Cade!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

here are the jigs I used today

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

all the fish…all in a couple hours work

Thanks Guys

neshonoc
    Wisconsin

Cade and Justin great job! Thats a nice crappie. Keep it up guys.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Very nice Cade, Keep em coiming Good Fishin Doug

jld
    Holmen

Great report Cade . Keep them coming. I have to check every day for his reports because this flippin’ job of mine gets in the way of fishing during the week. I keep trying to convince my wife to go full time at her job and then look at maybe adding a part time job at night so I can cut back to fish and hunt more

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

Nice report

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

We fished for 1 hour tonight after school in my permenant shanty. The fishing was real slow but better than I expected actually. Justin managed to catch 5 fish and had them dialed in while I struggled, missing fish and only catching 2, unless you count the big shad I caught hooked in the lower lip we moved the shanty today over a big verticle tree and I look forward to catching fish out of that tree for many outings to come. Here’s a pic of about a 10-1/2″ crappie that I caught.

Can’t wait to get on the ice tomorrow

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Nice crappie Cade.
    What did he fall prey to?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Small purple little atom optics jig with a chartreuse lindy spade. It is the top jig in the picture above. Sorry for the viking colors But it has been producing some nice fish for me lately

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Cool beans I know what color I’m starting with tomorrow

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Me too..
    too bad theres only one spade left
    Better make it last

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

You don’t carry super glue

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Never leave home without it for swim jiggin’ saves a lot of money. don’t know why I don’t do it for ice fishing i’ll be sure to put it in my flasher compartment so its with me! I wonder what frozen super glue looks like?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

When I was younger we used these things called inside pockets It helped to keep things a little warmer.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

don’t know why my pictures haven’t been showing up lately…

Here is the picture from the other night

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.