prior lake?

• jburbank

any full size trucks driving on the lake and how is the bite been?

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

If your talkin prior lake in Stearns county, many full size trucks drivin on it for several weeks now…still doesnt mean ill drive mine on…we were out there last wed night i think it was and caught several pike all around 2 to 3 pounds…it kept us very busy…we were straight out from the access just on the northern edge of the clump of fish houses…talked to several people out there and they said the pike were also biting but thats about it…Jay

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

If you mean the one in scott county, I fish Lower a lot and my buddy sledhead had his ext. cab 1500 out there. There were a lot bigger trucks out there too. I saw a couple of duelys and a few 2500HDs. There is about 15-17 inches of ice. just watch where you’re going it’s a zoo out there. This is a picture from this past Saturday.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

one more. They aren’t the greatest pictures cause I wanted to get out fishing.

corey-studer

The pictures that redneck posted, look to be north/north east of the island on lower prior. My brother put his house out on Sunday and i joined him for the evening bite. I measured with his measuring stick and it read 13 inches of ice. And yes, lots of vehicles out and about…

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Any quality fish or just the same old “barely keeper” sunnies being caught?

corey-studer

I didn’t get out there until about 4:40pm and we actually caught some decent gills around the 8 inch mark with a couple 10 & 11 inch crappies. For the most part everything was small. If you want to put some time in and weed them out, you can get some quality panfish. We’re in 21 fow and most fish were near the bottom to 7 feet off, The bigger fish came in 7 to 10 feet down.

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

I would have to agree with 500. I’ve been out there quite a bit the past couple of weeks and done fairly well. You do have to weed through the smaller ones, but you can definetly get a good couple of meals out of ’em. I was also in 18-22 fow. Found mostly small fish on bottom, and got the better fish 10-15 feet down.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.