aqua view

• kruger
    Metro,mn

I do not have an aqua view but i maybe thinking about getting one in the future what does everbody think of them

Tyee
    Greater St Michael Area

Thumbs up for the Aqua Vu XL Scout but Marcum has some great cameras too!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Aqua vus are a great tool, however i am experiencing plenty of quality issues with my nature vision product I trust marcum with my flasher, i would look into their great line of cameras. I know in a year or two, I will be getting one. I have found that the plastic on the shuttle of my camera is very weak and does not hold up well making long trips on the ice and all. The design is quite poor. I have the ZT series. good luck with whatever you buy!

Marcum Technologies

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

I bought an Aqua-Vu Scout 2 weeks ago. The first place I tried it was on West Okobji. The picture was great, but I have a hard time telling which way the camera is pointing, and when I turned the cable to turn the camera it would get to my jig and then it would like flop over and send the camera beyond my jig.
    The next time I used it was on a small lake by my place and the water was so murky I couldn’t see any thing, and on this lake I had to put my locater in the same hole to see how deep I was.
    My wife said we are going to get a Marcum VS-560 by next fall for next season, and hand the Aqua-VU don to our son.

Ed

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

The underwater camera opens up a whole new world to fishing. You can see with your own eyes how the fish reacts to what you do to the bait. Get one, you won’t be disappointed.
    My two cents.

buck-slayer

I fished with a friend on Millelacs last year he had one that rotated 180 degrees don’t remember what kind it was but it would show everyones bait that was cool.

kruger
    Metro,mn

Thanks for all the ideas But i think i’m going to hve to save up some money before i get one so i will keep lookin

one more thing is anybody haveing real issues with not being able to see in murky or deep water and also what about night time?

Bones
    New Prague, MN

I had trouble with mine right after I bought it. I sent it back and never had trouble with it since. Costumer service is awesome.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Murky water..Being from La Crosse, a lot of my ice spots have at least a moderate stain, and I can see my jig and fish from a good distance away. For best viewing, I like to have the camera hole and fishing hole about a foot and a half apart. If you get too close, the fish don’t seem to react to your bait as much. I can see my friends jig when he is 4 ft away from me, but it is tough to see the details of it. However, keep in mind this is fishing the dirtiest water around, the Mississippi river. Night viewing is not so easy on an aqua-vu. It is my understanding that the marcums have a much better night viewing solution- infared lights. Mine has lights, but they usually just reflect all the particles in the water. I can still see fish and my jig, but not as well, and I think the light has an effect on whether or not the fish will take your bait. Hope this helps, and good luck

jake_p
    St. Louis Park mn

i agree with most the people that posted, i would spend my money and get a marcum 460 or 560. they are great cameras. you may have a little probelem finding a 560 at this time of the year but if you can that is the camera to get. it has a great light as well as the great camera

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I have a hard time not using a camera during daylight for ice fishing. Night time is flasher time.

But during daylight, you can keep your flasher, I’ll use a camera.

As others have stated, they don’t work “great” in stained water. Sometimes it is hard to see past 2 feet…….

The difference between a camera and flasher is this: With camera, I can see 10 feet or even 15 feet in any direction and “jig in a fish”. With a flasher, you can only “view” 2 or 3 feet in diameter and not know if there are fish around you or not.

You don’t need to spend $500 on a camera. A $100 one will work too!!!!!!

kruger
    Metro,mn

Hey if anybody knows where to a NICE but CHEAP camera give me a shout

jake_p
    St. Louis Park mn

cabelas is selling a scout for 159.99 then a 25 doller mail in rebate so you can get it for like 135. it has infared lighting not the solor specteral but it is a great camera, with a 5inch screen.

kruger
    Metro,mn

Hey, does anybody ever used the marcum VS-250 camera before lookin into buying that one.What about light in a camera are they a must

lamarboarder911
    maple grove mn

i ahve not used that marcum but i have heard that it works great. as for the lighting, it is not the biggest nead, but if you have any hopes to see at night you will nead to get one with color specteral lighting, evan then you are limited to clear lakes at night. infared lighting works fine during the day but does nothing at night. the marcum 460 and 560 deffinetly have the best lighting system on them for at night

Jayge

Marcums are really great camera’s but if your in my situation where money is a factor at the moment, try the menards camera. I have used one and it works fine. It does its job. I would say comparable to all the lower units of all brands. Save yourself a few benjimens Also this way you get the hang of it, coming at only $80. I’m waiting on some new’r tech…hopefully something that can really be useful at night, because even the upper level cams don’t do as well. Plus flasher is the main feature while ice fishing really. Hope this helps.

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

“and when I turned the cable to turn the camera it would get to my jig and then it would like flop over and send the camera beyond my jig.”

Go to Cabela’s and buy the tripod for $14 it’s a life saver setting the camera to view your bait. First time I used a camera I had the same problem……no problems with the tripod.
    Whatsa

col._klink
    St Paul

Quote:

Hey, does anybody ever used the marcum VS-250 camera before lookin into buying that one.What about light in a camera are they a must

If your going to buy the Vs 250 you would’nt be out much more for a Vs 350.

I have the Vs 350 and LOVE IT! Plus you can see ok at night. Not the best but you can for sure see a Walleye coming in to strike or in my case lately stare at your bait for 20 mins. Before deciding to boogie.

kruger
    Metro,mn

How much for the 350???

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.