Heating a clam

• herefishyfishy
    MN

What would be a safe way to heat a clam 5600? sunflower heater to dangerous? heading to mille lacs and want to be prepared for the cold.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I use a buddy heater in my 2 man and on low it is good. Depends on how many times you go in and out. A sunflower will heat it real quick, but I always found it was either really hot, or cold, hard to regulate. I have a friend who uses a 4″ sunflower, seemed easier to regulate the heat.

big g GOOD LUCK !!!

krisko
    Durand, WI

I used to use a 4″ sunflower on a 25# cylinder. It just was always too hot in my shack. I went to using a Lil Buddy heater also. On low my shack stays nice and toasty. Plus it has a low oxegen sensor and shuts off if need be. If you already have the sunflower keep it. You will just be able to stay REAL warm and fish in a T shirt…almost like summer.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I found that the sunflower was a little too much for
    my 5600 unless I was in it alone.
    With two guys in there, with locators and chairs, there
    was just not a good location for it without someone
    roasting. (Especially with the cross seating design)
    I went with the buddy heater for fishing 2 people out
    of it.

Dan

da-z-man

I use a Big Buddy in my 5600, the Mr Buddy portable was too small on cold days and nights

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

I have been able to use my Buddy so far in my 1060, keeps it nice and fishable…guessing on cold days I will break out the Mr. Heater or go to a Big Buddy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.