and you thought you had a bad ice day

• col._klink
    St Paul

Holy CRAP BATMAN!

Thats just crazy………………….

Have to build yourself a longer extension.

rangerski
    North Metro

You have to get away from shore where its not froze solid to the bottom,lol

AkDan

believe it or not, I’m standing over 140fow, fishing lakers that day.

Hopefully I’ll have some good pike picks for ya’ll. Going out to a semi remote lake. Dont think we’ll get anything huge, but LOTS of fish!

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

More extensions and some quick couple pins and good to go. Being tall helps so you don’t have to add while drilling. I spent 3 yrs in the military up there. Where you fishing at?

rangerski
    North Metro

Thats crazy! Did you find some drillable ice after all? That would definately make for a bad day. Good fishing to ya

shaley
    Milford IA

Hey Dan by chance did you grow up in Whitebear Lake? If so we used to chat on hunting net.

col._klink
    St Paul

Sure is a nice looking auger………

AkDan

Well had a great pike day, first fish was an 11 pounder didnt even have the flag set yet. Landed 5 fish as fast as I could get bait down the hole.

We landed 8 all together, lost a TON of fish. Nice an warm 30 degrees though it was windy off and on, when the wind wasnt blown boy it was warm!!!

I grew up close to WBL, grew up in Forest Lake, east in scandia on big marine lake. Not sure what your handle was on Hnet, though I still get on pretty regularly.

Sgt Rock,

That is harding lake, last year, finally got those pics from my partner. Just had to add the ext on today. Believe it or not it was 30 degrees ABOVE zero, supposed to hit 40 agove tomorrow, DOH! You station at FWA? If so, so was I, what years?

Rangerski, I was able to get through, that is just a hair short of getting through, shows ya how deep the ice CAn get, though it wont this year. really sucks trying to turn fish up a hole that far down though

Really like the auger though she’s kind of finickey to tune. The really cold weather she acts like she’s starving for fuel. Been palyin with the jets getting close. Though I’d recommend the 2hp instead of the 3 unless you’re drilling piles of ice like this on a regular basis.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Was at Elmendorf. 77-80

col._klink
    St Paul

I have the 3hp Jiffy Stealh. Man that thing is tricky. Once it’s warmed up it runs like a top. Wish I would gotten the 2hp.

You have to post some pics with your fishing reports!

sounda like you had a good.

shaley
    Milford IA

Thought that was you Dan you might know me better as twolfd3 that guy from Iowa

AkDan

Hey T,

Looks like I’m headed back there again this spring, we should hook up.

As for pike trip pics, they’re comming, sorry left my camera in my buddies truck. Gonna stop by and pick it up tonight.

shaley
    Milford IA

I’m in Okoboji now let me know when your back we’ll try and hook up

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.