Clam 5600 Ice House???

• ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

Does anyone have the Clam 5600? If so, how do you like it? How does it pull? I know the size and the hole set up(which I’m not thrilled with). Do you think it would be possible to add a couple holes into the floor? Easy set up? ANY info would be greatly appreciated!! Need to decide on a new house. The old Snowboat is on it’s last leg.
    Thanks!!

Ducks

KTERSINAR
    marion IA

Have the 4600 and love it the set up can be a pain sometimes if you dont keep the limbs oiled and you dont set it up before the season to let it form back out to shape. other than that I think you would like the clam.

Good luck
    KORY

da-z-man

I have an older model 5600, which I like ALOT better than the new models (the door designs better, IMO). Personally, I haven’t considered cutting new holes into the floor of something I just shelled out a couple hundred bucks for, I don’t mind the existing holes where they’re at. Set-up and take down has gotten turned into a 5 minute or less job. On windy days-get anchors. Heres a pic of mine, my point about the doors is that mine zips all the way up or down, and doesn’t look like a backwards “D” like the new ones- you have to step up quite a ways to get in or out:

PS- pulling them in snows a bear, but on ice- they pull really easy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.