Sny Magill report.

• ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

This morning I left the house at 5:30, planning on meeting Sean there, well I miss communicated with him and ended up fishing by myself. I drilled my first hole at 7:00 and fished for about 20 min. and not a blip on the locater, so I packed up and walked back to Norwegian and started fishing.

I had on a yellow Rat Finkie and caught an 8 1/4 inch gill about 9:00, about 15 min. later I caught a 6 inch gill,that went back then nothing, at 10:30 I decided to punch a bunch of holes and hole hop, did that until 11:00 and not a fish,

Another fisherman walked up to see how I was doing and he ended up being a guy I worked with 20 years ago. At 11:30 I started showing fish and by noon I caught 4 fish one using a Glow Teardrop the rest on a Glow Rat Finkie, only 2 were keepers, then just after 12:00 the bite started, unfortunately I had to leave at 1:00 but ended up keeping 8 gills for the fryer.

After the long walk back to my truck there were 2 guys sitting in the parking lot in a van, one guy offered and helped me load my tent in my truck, as we put it in a DNR truck was coming down the road and the driver tells the guy who helped me that they were coming and the jumped in the van.

As soon as the DNR pulled up to me they took off, just thought it was a little odd.

I talked with the DNR for quite awhile and did find out were a bunch of Northern were shocked up this fall. Now it just needs to get colder so I can safely walk there.

After they left, I took off and were the road goes under the rail road tracks their truck was sitting there and they were down by the trout stream. I stopped and asked if they saw any trout and the driver walks over to me and says his partner had just bought a new Olympus digital camera, $230.00, that’s supposed to be water proof down to 10 feet, so he was testing it. He tied a string around the camera and then to a stick, hit the video button on it and dunked it in the stream for about 30 sec. He brought it over to me and the driver and it worked perfect. So if you are looking for a waterproof digital camera go with Olympus, I witnessed how it works!!

Ed

JonathanTegeler
    Manchester, Iowa

nice report and thoes sure are some nice gills

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Your work was rewarded with some nice gills Ed

I always enjoy talking with the DNR. You can learn some good stuff just shooting the crap while showing them your license and showing off a few fish. Nice job Ed.

Great tip on the camera, my would quit working if it hit a puddle

gagervais

i have that same cam the best came i ever boght you can also drop on concreat and it still will take pics i have gone threw like 3 cams and this one i have a feeling will be in my hands for a while

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Thanks for the report .Its been along time since ive been down that way.

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

Nice gills Ed. What size rat finkee do you like to use for gills?

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Mike, I was using a size 10, but also have some size 12 also.

Ed

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Nice report.Them are some nice gills

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.