Jiffy auger sharpening

• camren
    Minnesoat, Hopkins

Hello
    I have an older Jiffy 30 8″ hannded down to me from my belated grandfater. He had the art of sharpening it, but during his sickness someone used it for a post hole digger. The aguer is not in bad shape just needs to be shapened again. So I tried to sharpen it and well I am sure grandpa is laughing with me as I sit on top of the auger to drill a hole. Hoping to find someone else with the sharpening art but having no luck. Does any one have the specs (angles,degrees) to which they where shapened to.
    Thanks for your help, and I think grandpa would much rather me catch fish than drill holes.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Get New Blades as sharpening blades that were used a posthole digger can’t be too good.

Jiffy does sell a sharpener that you run the blades through. Two sharpening stones forming a V

camren
    Minnesoat, Hopkins

This auger does not have removable blades. the blad is part of the auger. I should just get a new auger, but on grandpas behalf, would like to get it shapened.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

When I went to have a set of my Eskimo blades sharpened a couple years ago, they told me they couldn’t sharpen them because I had a small nick out of one of them. I had to buy new blades. The nick was less than an 1/8 of an inch. I was surprised but also know it doesn’t take much to make them cut like crap. As Scott said, your probably gonna want new blades.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Sorry, missed your response.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.