Frabill Trekker question??

• Finny
    Minnesota

Just wondering if anyone has one of these and how they like it? Can you fit all your stuff in the sled??

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I have one…I could go on and on about this shanty, and sound like I am sponsored by them…But I’m not. I just really think it is a great unit for a better price! 300 bucks is pretty manageable for a 2 man flip over shanty. Clam Corp’s closest contender is the guide, and I believe it sells for 400! The seats in my shanty are removeable and there is no bar that limits how much stuff you can fit in the sled. I personally can fit the spud, Auger, Aqua vu, 2 5 gallon buckets, minnow bucket, flasher, food/pop, and still have room for more. One time we even had all of that stuff, plus a mountain bike because we had to haul my friend’s bike with the shanty
    So yeah, It’s definitely a justified buy

Finny
    Minnesota

thanks what about the setup is it quick and easy?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Very..I can set up in about 30 seconds for a temporary set up..When I am setting up to stay put, It usually takes about a minute. There are small buttons that you push in to adjust the length of the bars. When I am in a hurry, I just pull the poles out to the first hole..but when I am setting up on a spot for a long time, I pull the poles all the way out so the canvas is tighter. Does this make sense? Then i go outside and put some snow around the storm flaps and it gets REAL warm in there with my small heater Take down takes a little longer, because you have to tuck the canvas up into the sled, but its no big deal…probably takes about 3 minutes. Way nicer than dealing with bulky poles with those pop up style shanties that can take up to 10 minutes to set up with some… Good luck!

nater3
    Webster City, IA

I bought one of these shacks this year and like it so far. My only complaint is that I have only used mine about four times and it already has slight wear spots where you can see through the fabric from the inside. The weight of the fabric could be a bit heavier if I had my choice.
    Nate

deerdragger

I’ve owned a Frabill Ranger Twin for about 6 years, and I could not be happier with it. I had similar concerns early on about the fabric appearing to wear thin, but it really has held up well. The sled isn’t as heavy-duty as an Otter, but I don’t pull mine behind a snowmobile or 4-wheeler, so that hasn’t been an issue. Great product, great price.

dallgood
    Savage,MN

If your gonna buy one, Minnetonka Gander Mountian has them on sale for $239.00 great 2 man for the money!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

wow, that’s a serious deal. Compare that to the fish trap scouts (petite 1 man) which I see selling for $229…The choice is simple. Even a complete clam biased person would have to take that into consideration

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

Actually bud the pros are on sale for 229.99 right now and i am about to pick one up. And the Yukon which is the mid size 2 person is selling for 400.00 (bigger then the trekker). I think it is the smartest thing that you can possibally do is to wait until the end of the year when they drop prices of shacks up to 50%, i figure i didn’t need to pay 300.00 for a shack that a month later me or my daddy can pay 229.00 for one .

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Quote:

i figure i didn’t need to pay 300.00 for a shack that a month later me or my daddy can pay 229.00 for one .

It never seems to end does it?

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

i figure i didn’t need to pay 300.00 for a shack that a month later me or my daddy can pay 229.00 for one .

It never seems to end does it?

What seems to be the problem my dear Watson? My daddy offered to pay half of the cost of my ice shack as a Christmas present to me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.