Fish scents???

• rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Just woundering if all you pros and average joes out there have tried any spray on type fish scent…The type you spray on your plastics, jigs etc…If you have used em do you think it helps the finicky fish bite more??? Any info would be great…thanks Jay

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I have never used them for ice fishing. I know they had a very positive effect on steelhead fishing in the past while casting spoons.

Its worth a shot.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

It just might help

I use a lot of plastics when ice fishing, and I know that little atom plastics come have their own special fish attractant built in..not sure if it makes a difference, but on some days, I can greatly improve my catch rate over live bait with these plastics. Otherwise, I’m mostly using waxies, minnow heads, Chena bait, spikes, mousies, or red worms and these all have their own natural sent. I’ll try some sent that I have laying around next time I’m out and I will be sure to let you know how it went!

robby
    Quad Cities

I use BANG garlic and really like MegaStrike paste and yes, I believe they work. I read today that Preparation H, the hemmorhoid cream is a great attractant for crappies. Supposedly it contains shark oil.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

lol…I’m definitely going to have to get some preperation H..I’ve been running low lately

here are the active ingredients…and looky there..shark liver oil..i guess its believable..but that sure is expensive stuff for crappie bait!

Active Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Phenylephrine HCl, Shark Liver Oil

Inactive Ingredients: Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Starch

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I just looked in my cabinet and found this stuff called A+D cream…on of the ingredients is cod liver oil..guess the A+D will be coming with me next outing

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Thanks for all the p.m’s and replys guys…hopefully ill have a good fishin report for you sunday night…jay

da-z-man

You can spray the fish with all the cologne and perfumes and after shaves you want, they’ll still stink. Come on- someone had to say it.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Preparation H, as mentioned above, and WD40…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.