ice rod issues

• crailt

i bought a genz panfish rod/reel – i got this ly and just last weekend the reel/handle will not stop from turning in reverse (even w/pushing the button on back) not to expensive to get another but it just upsets me i’ve used this minimally and it’s not working – – – any help

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

Take the covers off and clean it,inspect the parts.That seems to work for me and my stuff gets beat!!

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

i had that same thing happen to me when I bought my first genz stick and now I don’t really remember what I did, if that was anything, but it seams to work just fine now 2 seasons later

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Throw it in the garbage and get a Tica. You dont want that reel failing on you when your fishing.

jrl
    dodge co., mn

Quote:

Take the covers off and clean it,inspect the parts.That seems to work for me and my stuff gets beat!!

i can second that his stuff gets beat so far this year his portable has falled off a trailer and the top of his jeep while cruisin the lakes

gary_wellman
    South Metro

There is probably a little spring clip just under the “switch” that came loose or off. If you pull the side cover off, you should be able to find and fix.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

Quote:

There is probably a little spring clip just under the “switch” that came loose or off. If you pull the side cover off, you should be able to find and fix.

I AGREE WITH GARY , SOUNDS LIKE THE SPRING POPPED OFF OR BROKE , I USED THE SPRING INSIDE A PEN WHEN I FIXED MINE …

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I have one that does that to, but not all the time. It will go back a ways then finaly stop. Let me know what you find out.

crailt

thanks everyone – tried all you said – tore it down to nothing, found nothing, put it back together and nothing. Went out an bought another – was in a hurry my daughter wanted to fish – bought something pre-spooled and my word did nothing but untangle lin – oh well respooled tonite with good line

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.