croxton ice bag

• bigbritt

anyone ever use one of these things…i am looking for an ice rod bag for four rod combo’s. this seems to look alright but i’m concearned about it not having any kind of backboard, it just looks flimsy and that the rods would snap in there

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Britt~

Welcome to IDA

Now about the beg, there was a post last week on here go to classifieds and select fishing equipment may have to go back a few pages to find it but I believe the exact beg was on here for sale and they were chatting about it and maybe you will find your answers to your questions there..I never used one mine is a JR’s but would not fish without one ever again.. Have yet to break a rod since I got rid of the 5 gallon bucket and went to the beg..

or follow James link…

bigbritt

thanks guys,
    glenn, the jr bag is pretty much the same thing isnt it? good review if it is. james, i was looking at the revolution at legacy, the one question i have is the two openings on both ends of it, wouldnt that force the rod weight on the tips for whatever side you have up? i cant tell exactly how it is set up with the pictures they have.
    thanks all

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Did’nt have a bag for my trip last week ,but I found an old hard bow case in the basement that held 3 stix perfectly. I added xtra foam to customize it. Worked well and saved me a few bucks.

IceJohn

I use one and its a good bag.I put my rods inside a golf club bag tube.Cut a slit slide pole in put a rubber band on tube behind reel to hold pole in tube.Has worked for 5yrs. for me.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

The Legacy bag’s rod compartments fit the rods in tip first and puts no pressure on the tips. Its a well built hard sided case. I gurantee you wont find a more suitable bag. Croxton’s bags are a great way to get 6 rods in a knot that will lose you 30 min of fishing time while you straighten them out.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I agree with Matt. I run two of the Revolution bags from Stone Legacy. I have not found a better rod bag out there

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

before I bought my JR bag I watched a 300#+ man step on his bag and open it up to expose 9 rods in it and not a one had even a bet eye
    just my .02

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I have used the Croxton bag, two of them actually, for a couple years now and I just love them. Granted, I do not go all out ice fishing like some of the guys on the site but they have worked excellent for me. They have plenty of room for rods in the middle and gear in the side compartments.
    I think I bought mine at Fleet Farm if I remember correctly.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Stone Legacy Ice Rod Case (Premium)

I picked up two of these this year,.,,The price is right and they hold my spinning rods in one and my shallow water rods in the other I toss them in the bottom of my portable and they are safe and secure !!

muskybuck
    Coon Rapids, MN

I love my Croxton. I have used them for many years now without a broken rod. I have three rods with reels on in each side and leave the center part for everything else you need from lures to spare gloves, cap, etc. etc.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Heres my baby.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.