looking for jumbo perch on mille lacs

• mikeh
    aitkin mn

Looking to get into the jumbo’s on Mille Lacs. Never tried this before. Anybody have a place to start and a preferred method?

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Go out of Hunters Point, then head west until you land on DEVILS LAKE ND!!!!!!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Our group did all right for the first time on the lake during the GTG. We were out of Hunters Resort on Flamingo. Minnow heads on any 1/8oz perch colored jigging spoon caught some fish but we did the best on Purple Little Cecils double tipped with waxies. I know we were all glad we had waxies along. Go figure, I don’t recall a lot of reports with people using them but they worked for us. We even caught some nice eyes on the waxies. I thought we did all right for some newbies to the area. Early morning the fish were in 20fow and later they moved into 28fow. I’m sure the locals will be able to help more, just wanted to share what we found

Good luck when you get out there. Them perch sure were fun to catch

Bret

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

We were also newbies last week end but we did find some big jumbos the last two hrs.of our trip (figures)west of Hennepin island in 34fow. Unlike Bret we could’nt get em to hit waxies but they responded well to small fat heads on a small genz bug jig,wish we had small crappie minnows with us but the key for us was definetley the vexlar.When we saw marks we slowly raised the bait trying to get them to commit,the bites were very light though so without the vex I dont think we would have done as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.