sw wisconsin

• jeweler
    Wisconsin

Anybody icefishing around sw wis? Just wondering if anybody is doing good or even been out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jeweler

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

the fish have been pretty tight lipped from what i have seen over the last couple of days as far as decent fish go. I don’t have a MARCUM so i am not qualified to fish according to someone. but i still know the bite has been a bit off. Ice is good, let me know when you come down towards the la crosse area maybe we can hook up and do alittle fishing together.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

fishing has been good in La Crosse for me lately. I have been able to drum up some nice gills and a few slabs from the bottom in deep water, but most of my biggest slabs have been coming 3-7 feet below the ice. I found this to be holding true even in 20 ft of water. Usually I will drum the bottom, and when a small yellow line appears on my flasher in that 3-7 ft range, I’ll bring it up. A lot of the fish would just disappear, but probably 1 out of every 10 fish I marked would hammer my jig.. And fish were constantly moving through I have been using a marmooska jig tipped with a waxie or chena bait. sometimes I will add a little plastic in the mix as well I have not been killing them, But managed to catch around 15 good crappies today. Bull gills are biting in some shallower 7-8 ft areas.

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Anybody been out lately? Thanks, Jeweler

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

The bite in LAX is hit or miss. In some areas, it is extremely slow, but others are putting out very nice limits of crappie. I Won’t mention where the fish are biting, but can tell you they aren’t biting on lake Onalaska

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.