Ice Auger Help NEEDED!!!

• jhierlinger
    Lauderdale, MN

Where to start… Finally enough ice to drill through, but I am having some issues with my auger. My auger will not idle without holding in the throttle. It will stop when moving from one hole to start another. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do it fix it would be great help… Thanks folks!!!

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

There could be alot of causes old gas/ high oil mixture/ bad plug.I think I would start with fresh gas and maybe changing plug also you might want to make sure your gas cap is venting properly

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

What kind of auger is it?

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Change your plug and stick some fresh gas in it. If that doesn’t work you need to carb kit and a little carb tuning. If it is an older jiffy, there is an air mixture screw, turn it all the way in (clockwise) and back it out about 1 1/2 turns. That may help.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Go to parts store and pick up some SeaFoam and add it to “new gas-oil mixture” according to the directions This stuff works wonders on gummy carbs. If that doesn’t work then you may have to have the carb cleaned by a small engine repairman.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

————–> SEA FOAM <—————–

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

after you put sea foam in do you run it for a while to get it through the system

ozzyky
    On water

KUDOS to the SEA FOAM….that stuff can do wonders. As for the question about how long you run it in the engine. You don’t have to run it for a long time to notice results. I had some bad gas in my snowmobile and after running the sled for about 5 minutes I could notice the effects taking place. However, Sea Foam would be a good place for you to start, but I’ve had a few times where it doesn’t always fix the problem. Good luck.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.