Stoddard Slabs

• bass7
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

Hey I’m Carson, a new person on IDA. My friend Cade and I got out on the ice for some slab gills. I talked around and heard Stoddard was hitting them, so we tried it. The ice was around 8 inches with some ATV’s out there. Early in the morning started out good. I went with a green finess jig hooked with 3 spikes. Caught some nice gills. When they stopped hitting it, I switched with a orange Mormousco jig, lowering it down slowly. Then I switched on and off with the Mormousco and a white weightless hair jig. What I did was lower it down slowly, jist right above them and jiged softly. They were right off the bottom. Later in the afternoon they turned on and off, catching a few keepers here and there. Out of the day we caught about 50 small gills and 21 slabs over 8-1/2 inches.

See you on the ice,

Carson

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report Carson. And welcome. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want.
    Thanks, Bill

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Sounds like we have another young hook joining the group!

Welcome aboard!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Hey Carson..Glad that you finally got a post up here on IDA! Your picture isn’t working, so send your pics to me at [email protected] and i’ll get them up. You’ll have to come over for a fish fry/ice fishing sometime and I can show you how to do it then.
    give me a call tomorrow, and we’ll see if we can convince your mom to let you come with us on the ice!
    Later

neshonoc
    Wisconsin

Im pretty new here to and Cade got me started on it. Nice fish and good luck man.

Luke

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Its nice to have both of you two up on IDA, and glad I could help in getting you guys set up! It’s a great place…you’ll love it here

BTW- Carson is a pretty good stick when it comes to the bass too!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.