CHISAGO LAKE AREA…

• amarble_eye

i was fishing out on south center on the northern bowl where the water was like 20 to 40 feet deep. all i caught was a small perch and a small walleye that is like 7 inches. and what i was really looking for was crappies. started to fish around 3 in the afternoon. i fished till like 7. i thought to myself, why is there so many poeple out on this bowl if there is no fish. any body have any answers.

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

It’s the classic “There’s house here so there must be fish”
    syndrome! Been there, done that!

mdokken
    Bloomington,Mn

I was fishing South Center around the same time. I stopped at Frankie’s for bait and advice, and the guy said they had been targeting crappies anywhere from 5′ to 25′. I thanked him for narrowing it down.

We set up from 20′ to 12′ and immediately were into very small perch. Switching to jigging spoons, we aggresively jig the deeper areas and started getting small walleyes.

Just as we started to see the size increase, the whole lake came alive with 4wheelers and sleds. I was wondering if there was a curfew at 7:00pm. The traffic shut down all fishing and we packed up shortly after with a few walleyes, but not a crappie all day.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

try whispering bay …anywhere from 10’to 16′ is pretty good crappies have been pretty hot there , along with some decent walleyes… the crappies were biteing about 5-6′ off the bottom … if you have a flasher go to the middle of the bay find the 16′ hole and start punching holes …. are you changing your presentation in the water ? crappies can get real finicky ,

amarble_eye

sounds like that whispering bay will be the spot for crappies. has anybody notice that the walleyes in this area are small, or is it just me who is catching small ones. i released like a dozen because they were too small.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.