Brainerd tournament for the Jaycees

• TOV

Hi agian all

Does anyone that is not going to the tourney on gull lake for the jaycees tournament have any hints as to what depth and or nice rock piles they want to give up?? your help would be meuch appreciated!!

good day all and thanks again

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Get there early and head deep. Many years the larger fish come from out there. But if you want to just catch somthing and get your name in the hat stay inside of the break. You will have a better chance of catching a perch or somthing.

The nice part about the JC tourney is that weight plays a very small part in the quality of your prize. (Other than the winner.)

Good luck and have fun.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

35ft. to 50ft. of water. NW area/corner of pre-drilled holes. (if things are the same as in past years where they set it all up)

Better be on your holes by 8am or earlier to get THAT area. It’s a rock ledge/pile. The southwest edge/corner of the structure is the best. Best you scout with the depthfinder the day-evening before if you are not familiar with it. Maybe a gps with the BEST detailed chip will show what I’m recalling by memory. Big walleyes, pout and pike are all in play on THAT spot. Silver prism, 2″ or bigger flashy spoons tipped with minnow tails or heads and jigged (hard but SHORT! SHORT! 4 inch jerks—non-stop) Change bait every ten minutes or less. BIG pike and BIG walleyes there…be easy on them so you don’t break’em off!

Send me my share of the prize……..lol

Steve Fellegy

218-678-3103

gary_wellman
    South Metro

WOW!
    That is pretty nice advice Steve!

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

I’ll be out there, trying all of that. Thanks for the info

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I will be out there too!

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

“Coach” has nose trouble! What’s the report from the “home team”?

Steve Fellegy
    218-678-3103

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Didn’t win anything… I fished in 11 FOW on the North side. Guy 10 feet from me pulled up a .8 pound Walleye. in 11 FOW at 1pm

banjo_minnow
    Menomonie, Wi

I took my wife with to the contest and I wasn’t able to get there as early as I wanted (someone took a little to long getting ready) so I didn’t get deep like I wanted so it was either 60′ or 10′ so I chose 10′. I caught 8 perch in the first 15 minuetes and could have caught more but I swiched to a jigging rap to try for a bigger perch or eye. Next year I am going to try for 35′-40′ of water. Good times!!!!!

CentralBassman

Was in 18 FOW didnt catch a thing… But a guy right next to me in 16 caught 3 walleyes!!?? I will also be in deeper water next year!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.