Finally…ice on Lake Pepin

• LCfisher

I went out on the point in lake city today and found out that there was about 3″ of SOLID ice out there. Didnt catch anything , but i know that there is fish to be caught out there . The Pier marina attracted a few people today, crappies must be biting. I look for the BIG FISH though . I guess theres alwayz tomorrow…

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Welcome LC_fisher!

Sully

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want.

Don’t mean to scare the dickens out of you but last Friday Kenny, owner of Smittys Marine in Lake City, was out on the lake running boats in wide open water with 2-3 foot waves on the lake. They put the boats in at Rocheon [sp] Park. That tells me the ice is VERY new and may not be very safe yet. Please becarefull.
    Thanks, Bill

thegun
    mn

Welcome LC_fisher

Ill look for ya on the lake!

I may have seen ya tonight down river!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Be careful out there guys. The ice on Pepin varies greatly from one area to another. Always check ice frequently when venturing out.

LCfisher

Well today i ventured back on out the the point and found about 3-6 inchs of ice and a nice pack of WALLEYE and Sauger (nothin to brag about). I myself caught 3 little sauger, about 9-10 inches long. My buddy caught a couple sauger too, but he got the catch of the day with a 15 in walleye.

JForbrook

Anyone been out to pepin lately? wondering how much ice is out there

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING MYSELF ABOUT PEPIN…ANYONE BEEN THERE LATLY

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I was out on the main lake today. Pretty slow action for me. There was 12 inches of ice.

LCfisher

Excellent fishing out on the point for me today. We caught some nice slabs and eyes today . I say theres about 16-18″ of ice out there. There have been many vehicles out there lately, along with some permanent shacks.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Excellent fishing out on the point for me today. We caught some nice slabs and eyes today . I say theres about 16-18″ of ice out there. There have been many vehicles out there lately, along with some permanent shacks.

Lake City point???? I saw there was a pile of shacks out there yesterday. Two trucks tooo. 18 inches of ice????? That’s a ton more than the WI side.

What size were you getting into? Walleyes or saugers?

Lenny

LCfisher

The walleyes/saugers,mostly saugers, we caught werent anything to brag about (7″-13″ long). But we have caught a few 15-18″ers. The crappies are wild right now, havent caught very many small ones. Yesterday we pulled out a 13″er and a 12″er.

fish2live
    hampton,mn

what have you been getting the crappies on?

jrcunning1

You fishin on the south side of the big point? Where abouts are you parking?? Any info would be helpful. Kin folk are coming up from Iowa..Bringing them down there for the day on Friday & try & put them on a few fish…Thanks….Jim

LCfisher

Fish the north side. Go out 20 ft from the shacks already out there. Thats about all i can tell ya.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.