New Experience for me on Pool 8

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I had the experience of a life time yesterday fishing with Andy Loos while Jim was filming for River Angling Outdoors.
    I spent all day Tuesday and Tuesday night nerved up not knowing what to expect That was dumb on my part, Andy and Jim I’m sure had there hands full trying to make me look good but they made it a very enjoyable experience! I can’t wait to see the show. I do believe I might have to get better with my communication skills

With a rising barometer and the coldest day this year so far at 4 degrees I knew we were in for a tough bite. There were however a few takers. We were fishing 8fow and not paying attention to anything below 5 feet. There are a lot of shad moving in and out and you will waste a lot of time if you are trying to fish in them. The nicer fish are still holding in the top of the water column. It was a chore to trigger a bite. I would jig aggressive covering 5 feet and up until something would show itself on the LX-5 then try to finesse the fish to bite. Moxy Jig tipped with a waxie and Little Cecil tipped with 2 waxies produced a few nice 11-12 inch crappies and a couple nice gills with a few smaller crappies in the mix. We fished from 7ish and called it quits at 10:30. Not a lot of fish to show for our effort but a few nice hogs did take the offering.

It was a great time on the ice with Andy and Jim. Maybe if they have me back the conditions will be more favorable. However I do believe if any film turns out they should be able to show the public there can be some nice fish caught during a tough bite even in a community hole.
    Thanks again Andy and Jim for the opportunity to strut some stuff

Bret

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

Bret can I have your autograph

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Don’t even start

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

That is a great experience Bret
    ANy idea on when and where we might be able to see the video?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Andy will let me know! Hope they have something to work with

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Way to go Bret!!! Andy Loos is good sheit. Did you know he was a Bass Guy?

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Hey Bret It’s alot of fun to see what is involved with putting a show together. I had the opportunity to do a smallmouth segment for Midwest Outdoors up here on Pokegama. Had the chance to make the cover of the magazine but the Hawg came unbuttoned. Wish I could get River Angling Outdoors up here. I’d like to see it.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

How sweet is that?

Will we be getting a weekly installment of “Bart C’s Outdoor Adventures?”

jld
    Holmen

Congrats Very cool, make sure to let us know where we can see the video. Sounds like many of us will recognize the spot, which is kind of cool for our area. Let us know if you need a slush man next time

riverfan
    MN

Bret,

Way to go I think you’ll be impressed with Andy and Jims editing and production.

John

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I watch the show you did with the Smallies John. Very nice job

riverfan
    MN

Bret, Andy,

Saw the show this morning, well done! The underwater shots add a lot. What I noticed is the number of shad in view. I’ve been seeing the same thing on pool 4. With all the bait around I’m amazed we can catch anything. Looks like I should get some Cecils!

John

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thank you sir

This morning I collected alot of shad that swam up in our holes the first spot we hit Saved myself some cat bait I might have to drill a couple holes on the way home from work this week just to stock up

I can’t wait to see the show. Andy and Jim are alot of fun to be around

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.