1/15 Mille Lacs

• col._klink
    St Paul

I took my “Bro” in law fishing up to Mille Lacs for our annual fishing trip on MLK day. We have a little joke that goes along with this hoilday. We have fished on MLK day for the last 3 years and always head to Mille Lacs.

This year was the 1st year that we did not do that hot. We headed out of Hunters at 7am and would not ice anything until 7:30 that night.

Luckly enough for my Bro in law this would be his 1st Mille Lacs Walleye over 12″! And for him it was a nice fat piggy at 25 1/2″ never put a scale on her but he had a blast with it. This one came on a small white pimple and a crappie minnow in about 32′ off of the boot. This fish was caught thanks to my new buddy Deerwoody! Thanks for showing us your lucky spot!

I did get a little 15′ eater that came up on a dead stick with a pink hook and a crappie minnow.

A really slow day turned out to be pretty neat in the end!

FYI;

Hunters road is in GOOD shape! We drove right out to the boot with no problem!

jld
    Holmen

Nice ‘eye there. I assume a few of those Mille Lacs piggies will be caught this weekend by those of you headed north for the GTG. Wish I was going, maybe next year. Enjoy and be safe you lucky SOB’s

col._klink
    St Paul

I had to show my Bro in law how to hold a fish……………

col._klink
    St Paul

Little guy…….

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

You should have taken more pics of your bro in law, cause that beautiful fish with YOUR ugly mug behind it is SCARY!!

col._klink
    St Paul

Jealous????

A big ugly German is a good thing? Right????

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Deerwoody is new here , but I know he logs lots of hours on the lakes here around crosby and else were. He’s up on Red right now.. Nice guy also

col._klink
    St Paul

Deerwoody is a HECK of a nice guy! If he calls me and says there bitting I am there! Super nice guy!!!

jtimm
    Mora,MN

Nice fish! That had to make your guy’s day after not getting nothin earlier! Way to stick it out!

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

Nice to meet you guys yesterday.I ended my evening with seven fish being caught,two over the slot,three shorties and two slots.I also lost a pig at the hole that got in my vexilar cord.Over all a good evening with a fairly consistent bite.See ya next time.

col._klink
    St Paul

Dang wish I would have drove up for the night bite

Oh well I would have hung out longer but that was a LONG day!

Bob Bowman
    MN

Looks like a great time. I too have a tradition of MLK fishing trips, but this was the first in about 10 years that I was unable to make it out fishing ..Nice eyes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.