26.5″ Weight Question

• Besox

I caught a 26.5″ pig on the pond Sunday that was as big as a 26.5″ could be. In all the hoopla I did not get a girth,just a few pics and down the hole she went. Now I am wondering how heavy she might have been? What do you guys think is possible?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The “biggies” at that length will some times go 8+ lbs. They’re mighty impressive fish that’s for sure.

timmy

I have caught a 26″ (Rainy River in the spring) that was a little over 7.5 lbs, so I don’t think an 8# 26.5 is out of the question at all. Congrats on a dandy!

Tim

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I caught a 26.5 last week and it weighed 7.9lbs on the digital! Absolute fatty!!

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

My brother-in-law caught one that was over 26″ but under 28″, out of Agate Bay on New Years weekend.
    He put it on the digital and it only showed 5-10?
    The photo is attached.
    Good luck
    cheers

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

That fish is definately skinny! Everything I have caught this winter has been built like tanks!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The fish definitely vary in size and condition on the pond. 9 out of 10 are built like beach balls and then you catch a scrawny – big headed specimen that looks completely out of place.

Besox

I have a pic but not the skills to post. I tried but it said file to big or something like that?

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

hey Holst ya gonna get me a beach ball through the hole this weekend !! I am sitting here going crazy waiting

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

hey Holst ya gonna get me a beach ball through the hole this weekend !! I am sitting here going crazy waiting

I hope everyone catches at least one!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I look at it as just an added bonus to the weekend…got my check list started..case of been liter of vodka liter of jagermeister and adding still plus food too!!! looks like i will be sticking to fishing around the ice house after noon lol

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Drakesdemise, walleye insider magazine wrote that Seelhoff weighed a 29″er that went 5 lbs 8oz. at the PWT event on Mille Lacs last summer. Your brother in laws fish was heavy compared to that one

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Quote:

Drakesdemise, Your brother in laws fish was heavy compared to that one

They are both ugly then
    cheers

Besox

Shoot N Release, e/m sent.
    Thanks!

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Here’s the picture of the fish BESOX was referring to.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Looks like a solid 8 to me.
    they sure go down the hole a lot easier than they come up thru it, don’t they…
    Great Walleye, Congrats
    Jack..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.