lazer mag auger problems

• DanB

hey guys i am new to this website. I was wondering if anyone has ever had any problems with lazer mag ice augers not wanting to turn the auger, it runs fine but started to slip like the clutches are bad. any info would be great. also will any small engine repair shop be able to fix it? A guy can’t be without his auger!! thank you

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Where are you at? Strikemaster in Big Lake will take care of you. It is not the motor just the clutch so I do not know if a small engine shop will repair the clutch.

DanB

thanks for the info, yeah im in north branch so i might have to head out there and see if they can fix it. Do you know if they can fix it on the spot or if i have to come back to pick it up?

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Sounds like you’ve solved your problems. Also sounds to me like its the clutches. I think you would be best to call strikemaster and see what your options are. Or you could run it in to Big Lake at their main office/shop. They have very good Customer service. They’ve been known to just give you a new one when applicable.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Are you sure the collar bolt didnt fall out? Mine fell out at the rush lake gathering last week.. thought the tranny went out

DanB

yeah my collar bolt was still there, however it was about 2 turns loose,then i tried it on a pond by my house and it seems like it was just starving for a little more gas cause its colder out. i think that is what originally was causing the problem.so i think the clutches are still good, i called strikemaster and they said clutches aren’t common to go out.

kczech
    St. Paul, MN

Here are the names/phone number of people to talk to at Strikemaster: Cy Zieglmeier (gearhead extrordinaire) or Mike Katchmark (operations manager)-763-263-8999. Their customer service is outstanding so give them a call.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

The service at Strikemaster is incredible. I broke the recoil on my Mag 2000 earlier this week. I made the 15 mile drive to Big Lake intending to drop the auger off and come back next week to pick here up and a cut a check. Well, I was wrong. I was in and out in 10 mins. free of charge.

DanB

yeah i called them and they told me to try and adjust my throttle linkage. they said maybe i needed more RRR’s to get the auger to spin properly. I think my engine was leaning out once it got really cold out. it seems to run fine. i played with it a little and i hope it stays running alright. Also the customer service at strikemaster was excellent!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.