Red and LOTW

• col._klink
    St Paul

I was up on Red and LOTW this past weekend for 4 days and 3 nights. I stayed with Russ and Judy out in one of thier sleeper houses. Man they are nice and comfortable!

We ended up catching 25 Walleyes on Red and we did keep our 4 for a 2 man limit (4 under 17″). With our biggest eye at 18.5″ I also caught only one Crappie that went 14.5″ that was a nice slab.

For me on Red it did not matter what you used any color any jig whatever. However the dead stick and rattle reels did way better than jigging!

For LOTW it really sucked! for a full day of sun up to sun down fishing my bubby and I only got 2 walleyes both at 16″. It was so cold and windy the night before. And it was getting colder as the day went on. I think that this had a huge part to do with the switch getting turned off on LOTW.

All and all our trip was a good time!

col._klink
    St Paul

How can you not love a northern MN sunset on Red????

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice trip,
    What did you have for ice thickness on Red????
    where did you go out of, and how far out???
    after this cold, there will be good ice all over the place..
    Jack..

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

Cool sunset picture.

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

i was also there from thursday through sunday,except we made our trip to lotw on friday,we didnt go back like we had planed.on red we did alot of portable hopping 5 to 7.5 miles out,we hammered them.175 to 200 walleyes and a total of 26 crappies between 4 guys,most of the crappies we caught further out on saturday.we found 18 inches of ice everywhere we went.searching with the snowmobiles and following up with the trucks was the key for us.

col._klink
    St Paul

Deer,

Next time you head up shoot a pm! I fished this time with a buddy who was new to ice fishing. I did not want to scare him away by moving around to much. It was pretty comfortable fishing in a nice warm sleeper! Good thing was we caught enought to peak his interest! So I was not able to be to hardcore!!

Jack there was a solid 19″ of ice!! And we went out of West Winds. Never fished out of there before. So it was new to me.

I will be back! It is still good up there. That weather that came in just killed my hopes for that weekend.

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

i am always looking for someone to fish with.i already fish to much,just what i need someone else to get me to go fishing.SWEET!!!!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.