Strikemaster Lazer Mag blades

• score92
    WBL, MN

Has anybody else run into this problem? I have a Strikemaster Lazer mag 8″, I have had it for at least 8 years, maybe 9. I used to have serrated (sp?) blades with very defining grooves in them. I exchanged them a while back and the grooves are not as defined, and the performance in my opinion has been subpar ever since. The engine runs great, but cuts like crap. Any suggestions? Maybe I grabbed the wrong pair, but I have looked and all the blades that are for sale look to be the same.
    Also, does anyone know of anybody that sharpens the blades? I am not sold on the blade exchange, but have done so due to no other options. Thanks.

Bones
    New Prague, MN

I have also had this problem. I just buy brand new now.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

It sounds to me that you bought hand lazer blades, not power. The hand lazers dont have the grooves.

My old lazer got out of pitch and I took it into strikemaster and they repitched it for free.. made it drill like a new auger again.

Whatever you do, dont smack your blades down on the ice! just set it down lightly and hit the throttle.. it will go, and your auger wont slowly get knocked out of pitch.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Bring it into Strikemaster and they will get it taken care of. It sounds like you have the wrong blades on your auger. As a side note, do not try to sharpen or replace Strikemaster blades….use there exchange program. Even better, but a whole new auger shaft. That is what I do after a few years

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.