Beaver Dam Cumberland Wisconsin Ice Conditions

• cav90
    Chisago City, MN

Does anyone have an update on the ice conditions on Beaver Dam Lake? I am planning on heading up this weekend for a day of fishing and am wondering how the ice is doing. Thanks,

kizew
    Dallas, WI

cav my daughter works at the vet clinic up there – I will have her find out and let you know

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Cav I talked to Indianhead Sports Shop (715) 822-2164 and he said there is anywhere from open water to 12″ – as of yesterday the ice bed off Eagle Point had open water and geese on it – he said that if you stop in (2244 US Highway 63, Cumberland) he will draw you a map to safe ice – great people.

cav90
    Chisago City, MN

kizew:

Thanks for the update. I’ll stop at Indianhead Sports before I head out. I’ll post a report of how we do when we get back. Hopefully we can get something to bite.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Do you know when the state ice fishing contest is on beaver damm lake?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

It should be Feb. 10th if the ice conditions improve by then. Here is the link I found that had some info on the contest. I’ve fished that tournament for the last few years and finally caught my first fish last year about 2 minutes in to the tourny. Now, it was a small snot rocket that I didn’t win anything with but my confidence going into this year is at an all time high.

Cumberland GAP

Quote:

Wisconsin State Ice Fishing Contest – This event is held on Sunday of the 2nd full weekend in February. This is our biggest event of the year! Our 23rd Annual WI State Ice Fishing Tournament will be held February 12, 2006. This is one of the biggest contests in the area with a 2006 Arctic Cat 500 4X4 as the GRAND Prize. Top fishing prize is $1000 cash for largest fish of any species. Special kids prizes also to be given away. Tickets are $10 in advance or 3/$25, $15 the day of the contest. Tickets can be purchased through local bait shops or participating retailers, or emailing the Cumberland GAP. You can also call for tickets by calling Shelley at 715-822-8551 or for credit card purchases by calling CJ’s Sport Shop at 715-822-4777. Need not be present to win any of the major prizes!! Some of this years sponsors include: Wildriver Sport & Marine, Charter Communications, Ardisam, AAA Sports Shop Spooner, Spooner Outlet & Hayward Outdoor Gear, Strike Master, AAM Customs, ESPN and C.J.’s Sport Shop just to name a few. In all over $15,000 worth of prizes will be given away.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.