Peltier/Centerville Lakes

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Anyone been out on these lakes lately chasing crappies or pike. Noticed the centerville had open waer on it still. There where a few small portables out on Peltier.

mdwalch
    Willmar, MN

Centerville was almost entirely open on Sunday. It looked like there was some skim ice getting started last night, but it’ll be a while. Peltier has been holding, but there is a big pressure ridge in the middle that nobody is crossing. Sunday had about 4-6 inches where portables were. Another couple of warm days would have shut it down. Crappies were good at sunset, but have slowed a bunch for us in the last couple of weeks. I’ve seen some nice pike come through the ice earlier. There have been LOTS of people in a small area, which isn’t ideal. Whoever had the firecrackers a couple of weeks ago didn’t help the experience.

S2000
    MN

Just drove by at noon on the way to the folks. Saw a few houses on Peltier in the same places so that confirms the fishing pressure.

Centerville just had a skim on it but with the wind today, it might make it worse.

Come on old man winter!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Welcome to the site MDwelch. Thanks for the up date.

mdwalch
    Willmar, MN

Hit Peltier yesterday afternoon. It looks like the lake has finally closed up completely. We did really well on crappies in about 8-10 FOW away from the fishing pressure. Bite was strong at sunset. Same thing Sunday afternoon. Hope to get out on Centerville later in the week, but before the snow it still looked a little dicey.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

i was out on centerville yesterday , i took my chipper and gave the ice a few good chops and the chipper went right threw … seemed real iffy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.