Vexilar charging question

• wheel10
    madison, wi

I lost my charger that came with the vexilar. Can I use just a regular 12V car charger to charge the battery? Thanks. Mike

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

You can, but I wouldn’t recommend it. If the car charger has a trickle option, make sure to use it.

Its best to charge with a milliamp charger. You can pick one up anywhere for about $10

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

i just used my car charger to charge my Vexilar battery, so far it seams to be ok i used a 2 amp trickle for about 8 hours and that seamed to do the trick

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I wouldn’t use a car charger!! I tried to charge a 6v Mojo battery with my car charger set on 6v trickle and after an hour I found the battery steaming acid in my garage. The battery was swelled up and was just about ready to blow!!! I would get the 500 milliamp charger that you are supposed to use!!

John Luebker

I may be wrong but most places are selling another battery and charger for 14.99. I believe that is what I saw at Farm and Fleet anyway

nick
    Lakeville, MN

If you come by lakeville or want to pay for me to ship you one, I have atleast 4 chargers laying around not being used you can have.

I’ve use a small battery tender too. 500ma

I switched everything over to marcum’s DCS charger ($30) and the very best way to charge you batteries, and never overcharge them.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

I may be wrong but most places are selling another battery and charger for 14.99. I believe that is what I saw at Farm and Fleet anyway

yep!
    Plus you get another battery…….I paid $19.XX at Gander

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.