Amery area ice fishing (What you catchen’)

• MiniIke
    Ellsworth, Wisconsin

Lets talk about what the fishing is like since the ice is already established. I would like to hear how white ash, wapo, bear trap, or just a small lake that you have ice fished recently.

MiniIke
    Ellsworth, Wisconsin

I have been to Pike and there is a lot of bluegills but there was a lot of small ones. Horseshoe Lake is not so good this year but there is a lot of season left i guess we’ll see. I would like to go to some different lakes so let me know where you have been fishing. Oh yeah Deer Lake is doing really good but you cant stay in one hole you have to stay mobile.

jhalfen

Good to hear about these lakes again. I used to be married into a family that had a cabin on Lower White Ash. What a fun lake! Really nice panfish population, at least it was 10 years ago when I was part of that group.

gat
    Glopaint,Capital Northwest Wisc.

Bassmaster I had heard there was a 10lb eye caught on Wappo a week ago don’t know where abouts, but nice fish anyhow, heard there was a full size pickup on there this weekend don’t know how it stayed up on the ice?
    as far as the others haven’t heard? Would like to get up to Bone and try for some perch, tried a little lake over by the clearlake park alot of small pan fish, that’s all I can tell you for now. Good Luck and let me know how you do.
    “gat”

catmando
    wis

Hi bassmaster try sand lake by dresser its got the biggest gills in the area. havent been on it this year. getting to many fish on balsom

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I fished Balsam on Sunday night for walleyes. There was 12 inches of good ice where we were. We got setup about 4:00. Had 3 flags (9 tipups out) by 4:15. My buddy caught/released a 24 inch walleye. After those 3 flags, nothing else. We pulled out a little after 7.

MiniIke
    Ellsworth, Wisconsin

I love all of the replys this forum is getting and its good for everying one to see because now the people that fish in the Amery area can communicate and figure out where their biting. GOing out probably Sunday and monday. I might hit up bone or maybe Blake i’ll tell you guys how i do.

MiniIke
    Ellsworth, Wisconsin

Hey guys i haven’t been up in about a week i was just wondering were the bite was. Has any one fished Wapo, Sand, or long recently

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Been on Deer the past 2 Sundays, both days started fishing at 7AM and the perch bite was awesome until approx. 9:30AM, then the fish must have moved. Best fish came in 10-13 FOW with both days approx. 35-50 fish,all fish kept were between 10.5 and 12.5 inches, largest at 13–did lose a pig that was well over 14. Seems more guys were targeting deeper water later in the AM-haven’t heard how those fellas were doing as I was on the East end of the lake away from the crowd. Best lure was firetiger mini mert tipped with a waxie, but the glow shrimpo tipped with a waxie worked good too.

Jeremy

MiniIke
    Ellsworth, Wisconsin

anyone fish up by amery recently i realy need some feed back.

buck-slayer

I fished Balsam on Mon and Tues caught 30 crappies, a friend of mine fished out of my holes on Wed and caught 1, going up tonight hopefully they,re biting again.

MiniIke
    Ellsworth, Wisconsin

if any goes up around amery this weekend let me know how you do in the cold weather. I wont be able to make it this weekend.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.