IDA Cabin Fever Reliever

• jrcunning1

Guys (and gals),
    As the cabin fever reliever draws closer, so does the “insanity” as my wife calls it. Is it ok to re-sort one’s tackle box as I sit in bed with my bride watching tv (after the kids go to bed)? Be out in the garage late at night with the heater fired up in my shack (having a couple beverages) checking the best way to organize heater/chairs/etc????? I think these are definate signs that the big weekend is drawing near.
    This is my/our first time up for the IDA get together. We have rented shacks 5 & 6 from George (Hunter’s). When are most showing up? We will be there before noon on Thursday. Matt (Grow) is going to show us around the lake that afternoon. Sounds like George has “special” plans for putting the shacks on top of 3 mile. Trying to do his best to put us on some fish. I think it is going to be a fishfest for sure. Going to have good ice & hopefully some serious lip-ripping.
    So anyone feel free to stop by shack 5 or 6 anytime. THere will be 12 of us so we shouldn’t be too hard to find. I also apologize ahead of time to anyone that might think me warming up the truck at 5:00am a little annoying. I am sure I won’t be alone. Will also be glad to share any information we might gather along the way….See everyone next week…………….Jim Cunningham (Rochester)

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I’ve been working on my gear as well and the wife just shakes her head! Can’t wait to get up there. We should be arriving by 8 or 9 AM on Friday.
    See you all up there!!!

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I will be up Thursday night. Those things you mentioned are Normal!

jrcunning1

Forgot to mention if there is anyone leaving from the Rochester area we will be leaving at 7:30 on Thursday am…So if anyone wants to caravan along, c’mon..
    We have 12 guys that have been getting together for the annual HWC (Hardwater Classic) for 6 years or so. Been from Red to LCO/Grindstone (Hayward area) and back over to Mille Lacs. Great bunch of guys we have. Hope to add our 12 to the 150 that are going to be around from the IDA group….Jim

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I will be up Thursday night. Those things you mentioned are Normal!

Thanks for sharing your feelings Jim, it is nice to know its normal and I’m not the only one

jrcunning1

Bret,
    Buddy, with 2600 posts you are WAY normal….Oh did I mention that I was at Fleet Farm 3 times in 2 days..Wait till momma gets those receipts…yipppppeeeeeeee

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Quote:

you are WAY normal

That thought will change REAL quick when you meet Bret

jrcunning1

Also wanted to ask quick, what is the general concenus on generators. I thought that I read somewhere that these new executive shacks are wired for a generator. I think we have a pretty quiet honda generator in our group. Would figure that common sense would be during normal hours ok (not sure how far apart he is going to have the shacks). The noise might spook fish maybe??? Probably wouldn’t be too bad if we put it in the bed of a truck or up off the ice???
    Let me know what the general concensus is..Don’t wanna
    pi$$ off friends I haven’t even made yet

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Not sure on the generators, but I do love those Honda motors. Very quiet, easy on gas, and run like a champ

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

On the tail gate would be great…..reduce any viberation

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the GTG!!!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Quote:

you are WAY normal

That thought will change REAL quick when you meet Bret

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Just comfirmed the day off will be going up thursday night to fish all night till check ins friday

jrcunning1

Eric,
    You can just follow my tracks up…Layin rubber the whole way….We are going to go up 35E & cut across hwy 18…Looks to be the quickest….CU there…..Jim

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I won’t be up until Friday after work. The wife is traveling that week, so I can’t leave town until I know her plane touches down in the afternoon. I plan to arrive just before dark hopefully. Grow, have my bunk warm and the beer cold!!

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Quote:

Just comfirmed the day off will be going up thursday night to fish all night till check ins friday

Erick, we will probably be up there Thursday night with some wheel houses. Give me a shout if you need a place to get out of the cold. Plans aren’t 100% on Thursday night, but will be up there before the bight on Friday morning.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Erick,

MM’s brother will have a house and I’m 95% I’ll have a wheel house up Thursday night. We will most likely fill up the one house Friday with a couple guys, so you’re more than welcome to crash in one of the houses Thursday night.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Kooty………..You looking to sleep in Matt’s Bunk this year?? You tried crawling in with me last year……Twice!

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

so Chappy, if Kooty is within 1 mile of the house I assume you are supposed to lock your self in for safety reasons?

Broncs

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

MM and S&R will definatly keep in contact with you guys on this one….work till 4 or 5 thursday though but if possible to meet up after than I just might have to get with you on that

jrcunning1

If your guys’ doors aren’t locked, I am gonna send a big ol’ hairy Wisconsin bar owner by the name of Hack to bunk with ya’ll…..They say he is snuggler……Who else was up till 1:00am lastnight gettin their stuff ready????

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Good…….We’ll send Kooty your way then. He’s a spooner!

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

1 hour and 7 more days of then it is

jrcunning1

160 hours for me mr horsey guy…….ha ha Will be up there on the ice by noon next thurs then it will be time for

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

Well JR I think I will be up there about 8 hours after you I hope, will find out if I am leaving thursday night or early friday morning tonight. crossing my fingers for thursday night. be a good nights sleep for once.

jrcunning1

You staying at Hunter’s??? We are having Matt Grow show us around on Thursday afternoon. We will try & leave a couple in there for you…Our group (12 of us) will be in a couple of Hunter’s sleepers….B fishing 24/7……

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

yes will be going out of hunters. just going to be up there about 7 or 8 I am thinking. save a little grace with the wife and have supper with the family before we head up.

Broncs

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.