Reel weeds????

• redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I got a 2pack for christmas and was wondering how far away from your jigging line they should be? Also, if they work then I’m going to pick up some more, so what designs do you make with them and where are you compared to the weeds?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Mike [HOF] was about 3-4 feet away from them and out fished me and I was farther away. Just put them straight up and down with the the weight touching the bottom. Look forward to your report. Hope this helps Chris.
    Thanks, Bill

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I bought a 5 pack from Mike at HOF in Rochester and tried them last week. I put them in a straight line, for lack of anything better, and spread each about 18 inches from the last one. Then I fished perpendicular to that line about 3 feet away. I have approx 90 minutes of underwater Aqua View video that I captured with my DVR..worked great. It shows fish holding in those weeds the whole time we were on the ice. I was impressed with them and certainly dropping them down and getting them back out again was a snap. They’ll be part of my regular routine if the area I’m fishing has a relatively weed free bottom.

herb
    6ft under

Very cool Brian.

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

How much do these things cost per pack? And do you get one or two lines in a pack?

krisko
    Durand, WI

Quote:

How much do these things cost per pack? And do you get one or two lines in a pack?

Here is what you get for reel weeds. You can get a 2 pack for $29.99, a 5 pack for $69.99 or a Quad pack for $79.99
    They also have some that you can put on your camera cable.

I only use a 2 pack right now and they work pretty good on the lakes I fish on. I usually put 2 holds for me to fish out of and then I put the weeds on either side of my Clam. Yesterday I had fish in the structure all day long. They do bring in the fish but they don’t make them bite. I didn’t have anything for a bite until 3p and then it was a frenzy. When they didn’t bite, they went from weed to weed and would slow for the jig and then go to the other weed. Very interesting.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I have found Reel Weeds to work for me when the fish are cruising around on the prowl. It will hold them for a period of time. If the fish are already holding tight to natural structure, you have to go where the fish are. They do not claim to call fish in but hold fish that might be passing by. Keep in mind when you are using Reel Weeds to hold the fish it is still up to you to trigger the bite. It is not the fault of Reel Weeds for not making fish bite!
    I do like having them in my bag of tricks I like setting the weeds (4 of them) approximately 18 – 24 inches apart in a half moon shape. I have found that the fish sometimes like to bite on the inside and sometimes on the outside bend. I drill holes at the ends also so I can bounce around the weeds a little. Last time I used them it only took 45 minutes and they were holding fish.

Bret

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.