ice fishing trip

• Dropshot
    Bristol, WI.

I live just north of chicago. Was looking for a place to go ice fishing with some buddies this winter. Looking for a resort with houses on the ice. Not more than five hours away. Anyone have any suggestions? Don’t care what we catch as long as we can catch something.

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

Red Lake
    Lake of the Woods

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Pretty hard to beat Lake of the Woods for winter fishing if you’re looking to get into consistent action.

kurtkid
    South metro

Mille Lace Lake. Is you best bet. Big eyes pike,pearch,pout. You can make it 6.5 7 hrs. Call Hunters Point they will take care of you . If you need a guide Derek Johnston best around.

Dropshot
    Bristol, WI.

Any thing any closer to chicago? what is the best time on Mille Lacs?

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

You could head up to Lake Gogebic, which is in the upper pennisula of Michigan. They have some pretty good ice fishing. I know there are some resorts that have rental houses as well. I would think that would be closer to you. They also have very good snowmobile trails for added adventure on the trip. If interested, I would search resorts in Bergland. You can start with the Hoop and Hooler bar and grill. They may have some shacks. If not, they would lead you in the right direction.

kurtkid
    South metro

Right now the fishing is hot. Other wise Late Feb/March is
    hot for pearch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.