X67C feedback

• deerdragger

I’m looking to make a locator purchase…I have an FL8 and have been pretty happy with it, but it’s time to upgrade. I’ve been eyeballing the Lowrance X67C Icemachine. On paper, it seems to be a pretty decent unit.

I like the idea of no moving parts – that’s gotta translate into a pretty long battery life. I’m also taken by the fact that the unit would be very handy in the boat.

What I don’t have is any first-hand accounts from guys that own them. How’s the target separation? Are they especially sensitive to other locators operating near by?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I am kind of bias when it comes to this but make sure you do some research into this:

Quote:

Are they especially sensitive to other locators operating near by?

I know guys that use the unit that are happy with it, but there are much better alternatives out there for the same price that are a lot more functional.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

I have the X67C and have to be honest that I have trouble in my portable when there is a Marcum around. I fish with Shoot ‘n Release now and again and I have to really adjust my unit and have to ask him to change something on his LX3. After that it is alright, but I loose some sensitivity.

I seem to be just fine around vexies, but the only ones I fished very near to were the older FL8’s. Not sure about the newer units.

When I am by myself, which is 90% of the time it works great. I don’t really know what other features you could add to a unit this price. It has flasher and graph, zoom in both graph and flasher mode, temperature, plus. The batteries last an extremely long time. For the money I would think they are hard to beat, but this is the first flasher that I have owned and don’t have too much experience with the others.

I just wish I could tune the Marcum out better. The LX3 is almost unphased when I turn on my unit. Hope this helps. I am not brand loyal, just my experience.

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

While alot of guys like theirs, I had trouble with the feedback from other sounders within ten feet of mine. Cool to look at and no “whirring” sound but switched to the Marcum and have been very happy.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I love mine (and I’m not a pro-staff guy). I’ve generally been able to tune out interference from other units, but you have to play around with the settings a little bit. It’s not just as simple as pushing an IR button. I’ve fished with both an LX5 and LX3 with little or no interference. I had some problems with a FL18 but I really didn’t mess with it because I was moving soon anyhow. I think the interference is less of an issue in “Graph Mode”.

I prefer it in split zoom graph mode. Once you try it, most never go back to the flasher screen.

Battery life is phenomenal. The unit is silent. It works great in the summer, too. It is easy for a newbie to understand.

For $300, I don’t think another unit can tough it’s value.

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

This year I am running my X-102C Lowrance on the ice. I picked up the ice conversion kit, and it works great.

1. I like the digital readout on the depth, no more reading small numbers on the dial.
    2. I like the colors, very easy to read, and is extremely sensitive.
    3. I like the battery life, and NO NOISY moving parts.
    4. I like the settings on choosing upper and lower limits, you can set accordingly to the water depth.
    5. I like the fact you can choose between graph or flasher modes, as well as split screen modes.
    6. I like the battery voltage, water temp, and sensitivity readings all displayed in digital readout on the screen.
    7. I like that I have a fully functional sonar that can be used year round from the boat to the ice.

I have used it next to Vexilar and Marcums, and there will be some interference. There is with all brand of units. Just have the “flaser” guys keep hitting “IR” until the interference is knocked out.

I really can’t say anything bad about the Lowrance ice units, they are fully functional and work just as well or better than any Vexilar or Marcum.

I have been a Vexilar owner for 15 years, and still love the Vexilar, but Lowrance really has a great product in their ice machines.

I am not a “Pro Staff” for anyone, just a honest opinion given here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.