minnow buckets

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

what is the best minnow buckets for winter use? I either end up breaking them, or spilling them all over the bottom of my fish house, and when I don’t do that the cover frezzes on the top and I have to thaw it with the heater just to get the first minnnow out Just wondering what other people use and what might work better then the things I have tried lately, thanks

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

Frabill Has a sit-n-fish bucket that has a styrofoam bucket in side of it that seems to work well.(my buddy uses on like this)

timmy

A lunch cooler with the handle that flips up/down to hold the lid on. Tough, insulated, and relatively cheap!

Tim

big_g
    Isle, MN

Ditto the cooler. Nothing worse then picking up the styrofoam ones, and leaving the bottom froze to the ice… and the plastic ones, with the handy dandy lid, that freezes solid. It would be easier to get into Fort Knox than one of them in freezin’ temps.

big g

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

I forgot about the little cooler deal. That does work really well.

rod_leiting
    IA, Linn

A lunch cooler with a hole drilled in the top/side with an aquarium check valve glued in. I can go home and hook it up to an aerator to get a few more days of life out of the minnows.

Keeps the minnows cool in the summer too with a little ice.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Flip top lunch bucket. Great for leeches in the summer as well

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

2 quart picnic jug, cover skrews on, fits in fishing hole for fresh water (just remember to mark it as minnows so when you need one in the summer you don’t grab the wrong one)

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

The magic minnow bucket works well also….or the lunch cooler!!!!

kurtkid
    South metro

The jug is my choice.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

A couple gallon frosting pail with a snap lid from a bakery (Wally World) and a cheapo styrofoam minnow bucket siliconed inside it. Painted black the sun keeps it from freezing on really cold days. Also great for entertaining cats.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Small Square bottom cooler. The round jugs tip over easy goin over bumps. The screw on lids can freeze and are hard to unscrew depending on how cold it is outside.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.