Rush Lake (Ottertail Cty) Ice Conditions

• Melanie

How are the ice conditions on Rush? According to my dad, people are driving on it, but I just wanted to get other opinions. He’s planning on taking my family out tomorrow (Sunday) evening with his van!

I feel I should trust his judgement because he’s been fishing Rush his entire life – but, this weather has been so warm, I’m a little worried. I need other opinions! Thanks for your help!

Melanie

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

send a pm to fisher dave, he has been out there and he should know. also go and call the local bait shop, they should be able to tell you roughly, ifyou are worried, stay off!!

jbob
    Hastings, MN

Contact Riggin guy, He fishes this area also.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

I would still stay too 4 wheeler travel or walking out. The rain we got the other day weekened the ice. The only good thing is today it is cold enough to freeze the water that was on top of the ice. The ice is still not safe enough to travel by truck in my opinion. It is not worth the risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie

Well, we went out there Sunday evening and I talked to some people coming off the ice. There was a lot of water on the ice and one man said as he was taking his house on one of the tires started going through. So, we didn’t go. It wasn’t worth the risk.

Thanks for your advice!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.