Metro ice

• kruger
    Metro,mn

I have’nt been out on the lakes much this year and i really dont know much about the ice condtions so if any one knows give me a holler

Thanks!!!!!

col._klink
    St Paul

It sucks! And is getting worse!

Where in Gods name has winter gone?

kruger
    Metro,mn

So that means that its not fishable ????????

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

there has to still be some up there, We have enough ice to fish down here in La Crosse…But i agree, its getting pretty bad. Areas with safe ice are limited. I miss the days where you could hoof it to any spot you wanted and not have to worry about falling thru. Or the days where we could still drive vehicles out at Stoddard or Lake Onalaska in early march This is bogus. If we have + freezing temps next weekend, the boat is in the water and I’m going bass fishing.

lindy-joe
    Woodbury, MN

Does anyone know about the ice condition on White Bear or Bald Eagle? I was planning on going out tomorrow for the first time, but maybe not

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Most of the lakes in the metro area.. your just asking for trouble. They are actually ptting signs up on lake of the isles.. stay off, police order type stuff.

Isles generally more ice skaters by now than it does fish.

I have been putting a few extra $$$ in the gas tank and heading north of town. Reasonably good north of the cities for walking in many locations.

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

Prior lake (scott county) has 7-8 inches of good ice to WALK out on.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You should still be able to find walkable ice in the north metro on most lakes. Just watch out for problem areas like creek mouths and ice over deep holes. Do not drive vehicles on the ice. Wheelers and sleds may be iffy and most likely not used if you are not familiar with the area. If your not familiar with a area make sure and check the ice with a spud as you walk out.
    Me and the kids are heading back to Ham this afternoon for some pan fish action again. Good luck if you get out and let us know how you did.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.