Underwater Camera

• Besox

The bitty came through on Christmas and put an underwater camera under the tree for me. I can’t wait to try it out! Anyone have any ideas on how to stabilze the camera so it points in the direction you want it to??

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

If you “google” search “Aqua-VU” it brings you to Bass Pro Shops and there is a tri-pod for sale their. I would give you the link, but I can’t seem to get it right.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

If it is an Aqua Vu, the advice given is the best option. When I had my AV camera, I bought the small tri-pod and it helped a lot. I think they sell for about $20 if I remember correctly Anywhere that sells the camera should have the tri-pod as well.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

If it is an Aqua Vu, the advice given is the best option. When I had my AV camera, I bought the small tri-pod and it helped a lot. I think they sell for about $20 if I remember correctly Anywhere that sells the camera should have the tri-pod as well.

exactly I picked mine up at Gander, you may have to shop around a little this time of year to find them.

Besox

It’s the Aqua-Cam from Menards. I don’t see why they are not the same though?

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

They also sell a $120 version of the little tripod that has a remote control motor inside so you can spin the camera from a ways away and see what is happening. I just shot over an hour of footage yesterday and captured it on my Aqua View DVR….some sweet footage of panfish making their moves and suddenly shooting skyward at the end of a 2# line

broadwaybob
    Janesville, WI

I had the tripod and wasn’t impressed –not all that stable and kind of flimsy , container it comes in breaks and then the little rubber ball for the cord gets lost . . . Gander has a disc with a cleat to firmly hold onto your cord and teeth to bite into the snow or ice and allow you to rotate the camera without slipping back to another undesirable direction . Guys have been building these out of 5 gallon lids and marine quick cleats since cameras have been out. Cost is less than $15.

Enjoy that camera and share it with your friends…but never leave your flasher at home !

teamshady1

I got a Marcum 350 for x-mas this year. Tried it for the first time this week up north. I was very very impressed with the quality of this unit. It worked well for myself.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

for the extra 120 for the tripod, I say you might as well get a vs 560 from marcum and never have to worry about that problem again because the camera has a rotating head for 360 degree viewing But I have an aqua vu Zt and did the same thing broadway bob did…I was just about to buy one of the ice pods, and Was at gander and saw the disc and it was 12.95 I believe It works awesome and fits in my bucket easily taking up much less room than the tripod would, i’m sure of it. Very easy to use and it grips the ice even on first ice with no snow.

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

I second the VS560. It is the only camera out there that I know works at night and I would not go get the motorized pod from Aqua Vue cos it is not worth the extra trouble of lugging the pod and battery and the trouble setting it up. If there is a choice, just bite the bullet and get the VS460 or VS560. Personally, I think the remote is not such a big deal, so the VS460 is quite viable. Just pop the camera into the hole and you can set the direction with the control panel on the screen. Also, you can pan with the VS560 which I actually think is quite useful.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

One cheap alternative is those things that you wind up an extension cord on (looks like a plastic H). Get the ones with the slots in the middle and stick the cable in there. YOu can also keep a given amount of cable on it when moving around.
    Its just one alternative for 79 cents

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.