Prior or Carls Lake Tomorrow (12/29)

• ElkoTanker

I am heading out tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone had a recent Ice report. I would like to go to either Carls Lake or Prior Lake in Scott County. Tips on where to go would be greatly appreciated as I just moved into the area.

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

Elko Tanker-
    I’ve been out there (Lower Prior)the last two days and the sunnies can be fast and furrious. You have to pick thru them to get some eaters, but we ended up with 10 real good sized ones on Tuesday, and about 15 yesterday. The crappies didn’t come in until about 5 o’clock. We were fishing in 16-20 feet. (Last night at about 8 we moved to 20 feet and did real well). During the day we used euro larvae or waxies. At night we used crappie minnows on one stick and jigged with larvae with the other. The key for us was to move around hole to hole and using the vexilar!
    We were fishing an area on lower prior east of the beach access, north side of the little island, you’ll see a lot of portables out there. Good luck!

ElkoTanker

Thank you much for the info. I hope to be out there most of the day and into the evening. I will make sure to post the results and what I found out. How are the ice conditions?

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

Haven’t heard anything about the walleyes yet.

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

I’m sorry about this, but I meant to put UPPER Prior not lower. Hope this does wreck your trip.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.