Milacs 12/26/2006 “Jerry Brandts”

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

We went out of Jerrys access again on 12/26 came across one crack that by time we noticed it it was too late to do anything but pray, we made it thru just fine. We shot out to the 15 to 25 f.o.w drop we fished the last time we were up there. The bite was slow. Had a few nice over 22 inchers but under 28 eyes. Got our share of Perch. The 15 f.o.w. was not producing as it was last time so we made a move to try the deeper areas. We set in about 24 f.o.w and the fl-8’s were shining like the christmas tree at home. Ice was approx. 10 to 12 inches favoring the 12 inch side. At mid day had the scare of my life when my brother was outside dealing with tip ups and I was inside the house and felt the entire house like shift! Never felt that on ice before,and of coarse I flew out of that house like a mad man thinking my brother shoved the house but he had nothing to do with this shift of the house it was a fresh crack a foot from the house…
    Put a bit of a scare in me.. But as we continued fishing the bite slowed down as evening approached we rearranged our tip ups’ trying everything from deeper to more shallow but nothing big came thru our area.. We packed it up early around 5 p.m. on our way back that crack we were introduced to on our way out was now forgotten as Brandts slapped a bridge over it while we were fishing.. Gotta love these resorts…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.