otter fish houses

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

last year I bought an otter II lodge what is a good lube for the square tubeing as for easier s3et up and take down? right now they do not expand/collapse very easy at all. I have thought of a lot of things but don’t want a messy lube.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

parafin wax!
    If you go with most any petroleum base product, you will have a mess and limited success.
    Everything from dirt to dust to sand will stick to grease/oil.
    Any ski shop will have wax that is a little spendy. An old plumbers candle will work fine or go to your grocery store near the canning supplies and buy a brick that will last a life-time for a few bucks.
    Remember to take the parafin out of the fish house before storing it in the garage rafters for the summer
    Good Luck
    cheers

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

thnks I never thought of wax! I will be applying some hopefully this week (as long as I take enough time of the ice this week

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Don’t forget to report back
    Some of us could use a fishing story or two
    Good luck
    cheers

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

where should I go? the pond or just a local lake? I think I am going to try to make it to the pond now where do I go once I get there???????? that is always the biggest question I have heard so much about hunters I think I might have to give them a try, thanks guys more to post later tonight hopefully

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.