X-Mas eve Crappies

• col._klink
    St Paul

Went out to secert lake code x this morning. It was nice to see that not to many people have opened there mouths yet about the hot Crappie bite out here.

The ice seemed to be in good shape and we were walking carefree on 6″ of solid ice. But it was making a lot of noise!

Got out around 8 am and the FL-8 was lit up with red lines all over it!

They were suspended lines so I was hoping the Crappies would bite.

And they did! We got a total of 16 with 6 of them at 11″ nice slabs for me to cut up for the frying pan.

They were biting 5′ under the ice. So half way up from the bottom in 10′ of water. It seemed like the larger ones would only take it on the way down.

Green and White tear drops tipped with a minnow hooked through the tail was the way to go.

I also had 1 flag and up came about a 30″ pike and it felt heavy. Never got a tape on it before she went back to swim again.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

He’s not mad at that fish is he

Sounds and looks like fun!

blufloyd

Wacked a few in open water today myself…. nice ones bite this time of year it seems..

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report and pics. Nice fish. Looks like fun day.
    Thanks, Bill

AkDan

Back on Red again ic LOL! Great pics, hopefully someday we’ll get to hook up. I might be back this spring for some more northshore and WI steelie fishing!

col._klink
    St Paul

Boy oh boy have not heard from you in a while………..

You may have put me on those crappies

palisade1kid

There’s nothing better than a crappie meal.
    nice pics guys.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.